Monday, July 23, 2012

Metal Mondays: Powerwolf

Thank you for checking out my first ever Metal Monday. No idea if this will be a weekly thing or not. Maybe this will be the only Metal Monday ever, and we will all be stuck in a vortex of endless sorrow. No guarantees but I'll try my best to make sure that doesn't happen. So anyway...

Powerwolf
Genre: Power Metal
Country: Germany

While they may look like a totally br00tal black metal band at first glance, they actually play a slightly symphonic-tinged power metal. With Christian themed lyrics (both pro and anti-religion) and a church organ as a staple instrument, they sure have a unique sound. Powerwolf currently has four albums and counting.

The band started in 2003 with brothers Charles and Matthew Greywolf, with probably the most metal last name ever. After a few months they had a full band.. minus a singer. When on vacation in Romania though, they met classically trained vocalist and werewolf enthusiast Attila Dorn. It was a match made in hell and the band has been making awesome music ever since.


Now you can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that this band has never been to North America. Actually, I don't even think they've left Europe. If this band('s record label) decided to headbang over here for a quick show, I'd be 10th in line! (Those front of the line people are crazy..) This is why I'm doing my part and raising North American awareness of Powerwolf. Tell your friends, tell your wife, tell that guy with the long hair that you pass at the corner every day, he probably listens to metal. Maybe if enough people pirate..er..purchase their albums, they'll come across the pond and give us a pat on the head.

And be sure to check out their official sites:
http://www.powerwolf.net/
http://www.myspace.com/powerwolfmetal
www.youtube.com/user/Powerwolfmetal

This public service announcement and Metal Mondays brought to you by:
Zombie Viking

6 comments:

  1. I saw Powerwolf live and oh my god, they are sooo good! All people are freakin' out when they play their songs, it was SO amazing. I hope for you that one day they'll come to North America.
    I'm so happy that they're from Germany so I'll see them one (hope soon) day again.

    Greetings, Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathrin, I hope there come here too :)

    They sound like a great band to see live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah they're!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ecb_SmOidU
      watch this :) this was the concert where I was. You must turn to 0:50 if you don't understand german. Hope you like it!

      Delete
    2. Looks like a great concert. Powerwolf is one of those bands that really likes what they do and just have a great time on stage. I liked how much they got the crowd into it.

      Delete
    3. oh yeah, that was really great. And all people are into it. We were freaking out :D

      Delete